Saturday, February 7, 2015

Feburary - Valentines day.

Close to my Heart consultant
 
This week I have started to do some regular card classes. I usually do workshop pages only.
 
I do find it really hard to make cards that I don't have to pintrest, or use other ideas.
 
Well this fine Saturday, I have managed to make my first ever card I'm pretty happy with without use of pintrest and other consultants ideas.

 
 


 Items Used:
Trying to be unique and different to what I'm used to I stamped the background using the 2nd step in two step stamping. I stamped the first inked up onto a scrap piece of paper and use the left over ink on the card to stamp the lighter image.
I did this all the way down to the bottom (using stamps from Assorted Edge Flair)
I left space to do the Pixi xoxo.
The darker image stamped (chicken wire type image) was stamped at full ink.


 

I didn't worry too much about how much the stamp was inked up. I was after the distressed look.
I cut out a 3x3 piece of Pixi card stock for mounting the white 2.75x2.75 white card that I stamped the tree onto.
(inking around the edges of the white with the bamboo ink)
 
The small "I love you" phrase is just stamped onto a piece of white card.
I distressed the edges with the edge of the scissors before inking them.
 

I really like the overall look of this card and will be using this for valentines day. Not your usual lovey dovey card. But I think that's why I like it. Its very down to earth.

 



Below are some cards I made using the February stamp of the month "A Happy Hello"
Very simple but lovely cards.
All three of the cards used today are for a card class this coming Tuesday.

Kay


http://kreativekay.ctmh.com.au/Default.aspx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment